Join the CrawDaddy Crew on a relaxing summer float on one of Iowa’s many rivers. No prior kayaking experience is required.
The cost is $10 for transportation plus $20 if you’re bringing your own kayak or $30 if you need to rent one.
You must call in advance to reserve your spot.
June 13 Volga River
Klock’s Park in Fayette to Volga State Rec Area
July 18 Shell Rock River
Plymouth at Strand Park to Nora Springs
August 8 Winnebago River
Mason City East Park to Clay Banks County Forest
Floatzilla is the Quad Cities annual paddle sports festival that culminates with a Guinness World Record attempt at the largest flotilla of kayaks and canoes on the protected backwaters of Lake Potter at Sunset Marina in Rock Island, Illinois.
CrawDaddy Outdoors will be at Lake Potter with a booth selling kayaks and gear.
- Rentals will be available for $40 per single kayak
- There will be no tandems or canoe rentals
- You must call ahead to reserve and pay for rental: 319-352-9129
- 6:15 am pickup at Ben Butterworth launch or 7:00 am pickup at Lake Potter
- All boats need to be returned to Lake Potter at end of event.
Learn more at floatzilla.org.